7:50 PM

On job hunting

September 2.
I turned a year older and am now officially an adult. Being 21 has its perks and some disadvantages, too. For perks: I get to go to trips, slumber parties, night outs and other gigs without having to beg my father for his permission. I get to decide on how I want to go about some events or certain things on my own. But after only a few days of being 21, I realized that I've got a lot on my shoulders now. For starters, my father is already nagging me to look for a job and start earning my own money. Being 21, means that I'm only 9 years away from being 30 and that I have to be serious, start thinking more about how my future is going to be and if I want to start my own family in the next few years. Being 21 means 21 times more responsibilities. Period.

September 3.
I became an officially registered nurse after taking oath as a professional nurse. A member of the Board of Nursing said in her speech that becoming a nurse was just a start and that we need to excel in whatever it is that we are put in, as for my case, strive to become the best nurse that I can be.

Today.
Submitted my first ever professional resume to Mercy Community Hospital, the very hospital that my brother works in. I never really liked the idea of working in the same hospital where my brother is working but with the current oversupply of nurses in the Philippines and hospitals on freeze hiring, it leaves a new nurse like me with not enough option but to just grab whatever opportunity comes my way. As they say, beggars can't be choosers.

0 comments: